Monday 23 November 2015

components - What will happen if I use a voltmeter instead of an oscilloscope in a Chua's circuit?


Suppose I use a voltmeter instead of an oscilloscope in chua's circuit. Voltmeters only measure the average voltage over a short time period.


Questions (please consider both DC and AC voltmeter, because I don't know which one should be used...):



  1. So does the voltmeter show a "coordinate" of the centroid of the double scroll attractor(or any other pattern formed)(since it is an "average")

  2. What voltmeter reading corresponds to the double scroll? If the double scroll is symmetric about the origin, should the voltmeter read zero? Will the voltmeter suddenly jump to zero or gradually declines to zero?

  3. Practically is there any other difference between voltmeter and oscilloscope?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...