Wednesday 25 November 2015

signal integrity - Sensor question for low freq


A floating DC voltage output sensor will be powered locally and the signal will be sent outdoors 200 meters far away to a data acquisition board. I didn't receive the sensor yet and don't have the datasheet. But my question will be about something else.


For such long transmission I was first thinking to use a differential line driver at the sensor output or convert the voltage signal to current and send it as current or send as digital ect ect.


But I can use a differential ended input data-acquisition board has the following architecture:


Omitting the voltage divider effect, if I use this module and data acquisition as in below diagram would that be a adequate to eliminate common mode noise issues or capacitive coupling noise issues?Or still a differential line driver or current conversion is needed?


to be updated soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...