Tuesday 17 November 2015

batteries - Are Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery usable in my vibrating environment? Are they safe?



I have to power a circuit subject to constant vibrations (10-15 Hz with an amplitude of ca 10 millimiters) with a battery and I was thinking of a Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery. The circuit has to be attached under a vibrating table.


The circuit is made of an accelerometer and a gyroscope (MPU6050) with a bluetooth module (HC-06) all smd-soldered, and the battery.


The circuit is going to sample and send data I get from an accelerometer and a gyroscope to an Arduino through a Bluetooth connection (once every hour, then I enter in power-saving mode and switch off the sensors).


I found many batteries online around 7,5 Ah that could theoretically power my circuit for 38 years (My max current consumption would be 30-40 mA only when pairing to the Arduino; in normal circumstances the power consumption should be around 8 mA)


Are they safe in my vibrating environment? I am going to pot the circuit, so also the battery will be potted with the rest of the circuit. Is it going to have problems with that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...