Sunday 1 November 2015

power - Deciphering a DC jack schematic


I am trying to include a DC jack on one of my PCBs. I am just setting up the footprints now, and I am not quite sure which pin is which. What do the symbols on the drawing mean?


I have included a snap of the schematic below, it has been taken directly from the datasheet.


DC jack schematic



Answer



Pin 3 is the center pin, pin one connects to the barrel and pin 2 is used to detect if there is a plug inserted. The lower left drawing shows the physical pins looking at the bottom side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...