Monday 2 November 2015

Can two electrolytic capacitors be made into a bipolar?



I know if you put an electrolytic capacitor backwards they explode and it's quite fun to observe them exploding. I am wondering if you can use two of them (and some diodes) to turn it into a bipolar capacitor so it may be used with AC signals?



Answer



Yes. You can.


Connect in the following manner



--|(--)|--


Short both the -ve terminals. The other two +ve terminals can be used as leads of a non-polar capacitor.


I know that if you do like this the capcitance will reduce. I thinks it by 1/2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...