Sunday 29 November 2015

digital logic - Essential Prime Implicant



enter image description here


While solving this question using Quine–McCluskey algorithm , I am getting total EPIs as 3 but by definition , it is giving 2 EPIs. I am attaching both solutions. Please correct me where I am wrong. enter image description here


enter image description here



Answer



A prime implicant is only essential if no other prime implicants can 'cover' its outputs. As you pointed out, the only prime implicants that fit this definition are the ones in the corners. The ones in the middle can be covered both by the square and by the two horizontal rectangles. So the answer is two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...