Monday 8 April 2019

Protected 18650 batteries shut down after I introduce a capacitor to the circuit, why?


I have a 24V audio amplifier that is powered by 8 packs of 6x protected 18650 batteries connected in series to produce 24V, and then all the packs are connected in parallel.


The amplifier powers a subwoofer and a pair of speakers. The issue was that when subwoofer kicks a deep note, the system just cuts out.


I introduced 2x47000uf capacitors to the circuit in parallel. Problem I have now, is that the batteries just shut down. I tried it with just one capacitor, and then it worked.


I'm guessing the capacitors drain the batteries too fast and they just switch off.


Is there anything I can add to the circuit to prevent this? Perhaps a resistor? What rating?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...