Saturday 6 April 2019

filter - How to compute input impedance?


I use a Sallen-Key filter for a project at university and I need to know its input impedance. Is there a way to compute it theoretically ?


Here is my circuit:


Sallen-Key filter



Answer



Yes, this is a standard circuit analysis problem.


Perform the analysis in the frequency domain (R and Xc) and connect a 1A ac current source at the input. Solve for the input voltage as a function of frequency and that expression is the impedance.


I suggest using nodal analysis to perform the analysis.


Assume that the op amp is ideal and so the current into the +/- terminals is zero and the voltage at these terminals are equal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...