Wednesday 3 April 2019

high voltage - 3V to 500V DC converter


I am making 3V to 500V DC converter for a GM (Geiger-Müller) tube kind of application. Basically the tube needs to see 500V across it. I read this relevant thread here : 5V to 160V DC converter and I have a couple of queries:




  1. Would the LT1073 circuit be suitable for this application.What would be the maximum voltage felt by the LT1073 at the SW1 pin ? SW1 pin MAX is mentioned as 50V. Is this independent of the supply voltage?

  2. Suppose I use the common low cost MC34063 , would 3V be the absolute minimum I could go down to? Suppose I use a flyback topology instead of a boost converter,would I be able to get by using the internal switch of the MC34063 instead of an additional external switch? I suppose the external switch is needed more for the HV rather than the current drawn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...