Friday 12 April 2019

operational amplifier - How many opamps does it take to find the peak amplitude of a signal?


I'm a beginner with EE and trying to find the peak amplitude of an electric guitar signal (0-300mV) using an Arduino's 0-5v ADC. I'm going to use the data to pulse lights in accordance with each strum of the guitar.


I've figured out so far that I need to use op-amps to:



  1. Rectify the 0-300mv AC signal (full or half wave)


  2. Amplify the signal to 0-5v

  3. Use a voltage peak finder to locate the peak

  4. Use a buffer to protect against impedance (not sure if I need this?)


I've found circuits that use op-amps to do all of these, and they work fine, however they are all independent of each other.


My Question: is how do I combine all of these together into one circuit and how many op-amps should I really need. My approach initially was just to daisy chain everything, but I'm not sure that's the correct approach. Also, most of these use a buffer op-amp as the last step, do I really need one if I'm sending the signal into an ADC?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...