Monday 15 April 2019

rf - How exactly are radio waves produced from a current in a circuit itself?


I am 17, and I am new to electronics, and I've learned everything online and expect to continue to do so with all the resources. I have dug around and can't find concise answers on this question ...


How exactly are radio waves propagated, and how can I build a simple circuit pair from which one can send the radio waves and the other can intercept them?


I have read different things in different sources, and I'll link them all here:


1.http://www.nrao.edu/index.php/learn/radioastronomy/radiowaves


The aforementioned site claims that radio waves are essentially EM (knew that), but mentions photons. Photons are the essence of all EM, but in a simple circuit there is just current flows by the battery. How would I produce photons from a one-way current?


2.http://www.qrg.northwestern.edu/projects/vss/docs%20/Communications/3-how-do-you-make-a-radio-wave.html


That site above claims that you can "make a radio wave" simply by having an electric field, which is an electric circuit. So, by that logic, any electric circuit is producing radio waves as is? In that case, a homopolar motor would technically produce radio waves as well(it is a complete circuit, yes)? So then the radio waves will propagate in a pattern depending on how many times the circuit goes on and off, so I could encode data by patterns just by removing and placing the battery back to the circuit? I don't get it. Can anyone clarify that article more?



What I wanna do is make two simple circuits out of copper, and produce a radio wave that the other circuit will intercept and use an AND-gate to turn on an LED wirelessly.


However, I do not understand exactly how radio waves are propagated!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...