Monday 8 April 2019

power supply - Can this push pull oscillator improved for experimental realization?


I am using the following push pull oscillator circuit is extracted from this Application Note for implementation of a wireless charging system. In simulations, it's efficiency is above above 85% when coupling is 0.1. (I used parasitic resistances of L1 and L2 as 15mOhm which is realistic value for coils made using litz wires. The efficiency of this is highly determined by the coil quality factor - I want to exclude this in answers)


enter image description here


MY questions are:




  1. How can I improve this oscillator circuit (not the Wireless Power System parameters ) in terms of efficiency, reliability or any other practical issues? - is there any better componet selection or better drive circuit?





  2. Can we use this topology for high frequencies, for example, at 1 MHz? If possible, how can we improve it to use at high frequencies? If not, do we have any other oscillator topology suitable for high frequency operation?




I also want to stick into a self oscillating circuit- I understand that pulse control topologies like h-bridge conver or class E can be high efficient but for this application, I want to exclude them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...