Sunday 14 April 2019

Controlling MOSFET and LED from same PWM output


I am controlling a MOSFET and LED from the same PWM output from a PIC. The MOSFET is driving a fan, while the LED is used as rough visual indicator of the speed. The circuit is below and it seems to work and I have not experienced any problems yet. But, I am unsure if this is recommended.


enter image description here


Edit1:


Looking at the suggestions, I made the following changes.




  • added diode to fan

  • replaced R21 and with R22 and LED1


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...