Saturday 10 November 2018

rf - Connect SMA to a regular pin/wire


I have an RF signal (5ns pulses every 200ns) coming out from a SMA connector on FPGA board (Spartan 3E Starter Kit). I want to send this signal back to the FPGA using one of the on-board pins.


So, I cut of one end of the SMA to SMA connector cable, hoping to use it for inputing the signal back to FPGA. I tested the waveform on the oscilloscope to find that the output signal was in mV range instead of around 3.3V range (input signal).


So, have I made a mistake? Is there any alternative way which I could follow?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...