Saturday 17 November 2018

usb c - Achieving 90R impedance for USB Type C on a four layer board


I have started routing the 90R controlled impedance tracks for the USB. I've got the information from the manufacturer to use a trace width of 0.22mm and trace spacing of 0.125mm to achieve 90R impedance. Could anyone help me with my doubts?


These are the images of PCB layer stack-up followed from ZOT enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


See the above-attached PCB layout image,




  1. Are all the yellow circled ground vias sufficient for the return current?

  2. Are the tracks far enough to avoid the crosstalk? As I have set the track spacing to 0.125mm as per the manufacturer instructions.


Please let me know if it is good to go. Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...