Friday 30 November 2018

Correct Switch / Fuse Locations for Multi-SMPS Power Supply


What is the proper way to fuse and switch a power supply consisting of a bunch of SMPS like the following:


smps power supply


There would be up to 5 separate output voltages. The outputs shown are about 35W each. Other outputs would be less.



So currently I have a mockup that has a single fuse and a single switch on the AC load line.


Is this safe?


Would it be better to use a 2 pole switch to switch in both load an neutral? Why?


Should I fuse each SMPS separately? If yes, why and where?


Points labelled A, B, C and D are potential locations for reference.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...