Monday 5 November 2018

transistors - 12 volt switched by 5 volt


I have an issue with 12 volt DC LEDs installed on a 5 volt DC circuit. Switching must be performed as close to instantaneous as possible.


So I searched around but nothing would do what I need. I found npn transistor and MOSFET switches for 12 v using a 5 v base\gate but these solutions modified the ground from the LED instead of the +12 circuit. My problem is I do not have access to the ground side. I must modify the 12 vdc circuit in order to achieve my goal. Am I limited to Solid State Relays or can this be achieved another way?


Hopefully this makes enough sense for someone to help me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...