Thursday 1 November 2018

signal processing - Envelope detector


I would like to have the envelope from a signal using a simple circuit composed of a diode and a low pass filter.


I know :


*Tam > t >> Tcarrier


*The diode must be a germanium diode because of the Vthreshold


I use:



*A germanium diode


*R = 1k


*C = 4.7nF


The wave is generate from a GBF :


*fcarrier = 1MHz *fam = 20 kHz


My circuit:


enter image description here


I took a capture from the oscloscope measuring the signal accross the resistance. My signal is shown bellow :


enter image description here


My questions are:




  • How can I have a clean modulating signal?

  • Some books talk about a High pass filter, why it could be necessary? (I tried and it's not better)

  • The circuit is currently designed for a specific carrier but if my carrier has a defined range (in my case I will have a range between 1MHz to 7MHz), how could I adapt the circuit (or is there another circuit)?

  • Is the type of the capacitor change something?


Thank you,


Farad




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...