Saturday 17 November 2018

pins - 4 Digit LED Display usage


I have a 4 digit LED display that I would like to integrate into my project, but only has 12 total pins when there are 4 digits. I am a beginner so I do not know how or which pins to power in order to display the required digits. Here are a few images of the LED Display. The number on the side is LD-5461BS.


If there is a configuration manual for this particular LED display, that would help as well.




Answer



From some Googling this seems like a commonly produced module based around the CA-5461BS chip. It might have many manufacturers like the HD44780-based LCD module.


To summarise it's behaviour, it consists of four separate digits with a separate anode per digit and shared cathodes for each digit. See page 3 of the PDF.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...