Sunday 28 October 2018

How to calculate Tesla coil secondary inductance with spacing between the wire.


I have built a secondary coil for a tesla coil, and I used 24 gauge wire spaced with fishing line the same diameter as the wire.


I have found formulas for no spacing, but not encountered how to figure out inductance with spacing between the wire.


How can I calculate the inductance of the tesla coil if the secondary winding is spaced out instead of being right next to each other?



Answer



Lots of reference material for calculating inductance. Wheeler's formula link here works well. The length of the coil in the equation takes into account your spacing between turns.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...