Monday 22 October 2018

vhdl - How to configure my favorite editor in ModelSim?


I want to set up my favorite editor in ModelSim. The default behavior is that ModelSim uses its own internal editor, which I don't like.


I've Googled and I've searched the ModelSim User Manual. I figured out that:




  • If you set the EDITOR environment variable, the TCL edit command will use your editor.

  • You can configure the project to execute a custom command when you double-click a file (I've set this custom command to edit %f which opens the file with my editor.


Still, when I double-click a compile error, the default (built-in) editor is opened. This is not what I want.


Is there a global setting so that the internal editor is not used, but my own editor is?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...