Wednesday 10 October 2018

surface mount - Where can I look for USB 3.x superspeed mux chips for poor people that only have through-hole soldering tools?


I'm new to this realm of purchasing and I'm not exactly sure which of the different package names (SSOP, VQFN, etc.) are more friendly than others for basic through-hole soldering.


I would also be willing to use a SMT breakout board, but it seems most of the USB 3.x superspeed muxes I find come in strange dimensions that I can't find any breakouts for (or I don't realize they are in fact compatible).


Alternatively, a more USB-specific question -- is it absolutely necessary I use a mux "designed for USB 3.x" (per product branding) ? Or can I use traditional differential multiplexers? what attributes of these multiplexers make them better for USB 3.x SuperSpeed mux anyway?


Any info would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...