Thursday 25 October 2018

555 Monostable Timer delay


I have built numerous 555 circuits over the years. I recently had to built a Monostable 555 cct. as per this site : http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_6/chpt_8/4.html



The cct. is used in a motor vehicle. When the remote control is pushed to open the doors, it sends positive 12V to this Monostable cct. to initiate it and a 3 Amp Power Transistor pulses the siren momentarily to indicatse "unlocking" by audible means.


The issue I have is that Rt and Ct used to time the output pulse is not short enough. I replaced these components to the smallest values I could get, but the output is still "too long". Teh siren makes a "chooow" sound instead of "chow". Sounmds too unprofessional or after-market.


Any ideas to get a short pulse (nearly a few micro seconds) out of this old 555 cct. ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...