Saturday 20 October 2018

antistatic - Grounding Metal Object to Eliminate Static Electricity Using Electrical Ground


let us say that I have built a metal cabinet in which I will be painting small objects. I am looking to eliminate any static electricity that could possibly build on the object to be painted or on the cabinet. The object will rest on a metal turntable which will rest on the metal cabinet, which I am hoping to be able to connect to ground.


Can I connect the metal frame of the cabinet to the ground (third prong) of a nearby outlet to ground the entire cabinet and part and possibly eliminate any static electricity?


By "Can I," I am hoping to hear responses regarding the efficacy of this method of static elimination and regarding the safety and possibly electrocution hazards of this method.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...