Sunday 28 October 2018

three phase - Find impedence given per unit value-transformer


I really can't wrap my head around this. Three single phase transformers are connected to create a 3 phase transformer. They all have the same nominal values :


voltage conversion : 1.2kV/120 V (primary/secondary)


impedence: Z=0,05 pu


power: 7.2 kVA. They are connected in 4 different ways , star-star, star-delta, delta-star, delta-delta.


My problem is finding the actual value of the impedence when the primary side is connected in delta. I would normally find the base in the primary side like this : $$Z_b=\frac{V_b^2}{S}$$ where Vb is the primary side voltage and S the nominal apparent power value given.


Having a look at the solution manual though the base is supposed to be this $$Z_{b,old}=\frac{(V_b/\sqrt 3)^2}{S}$$



I've wasted too much time on this. Can somebody help? How can the connections matter since that 0.05 per unit value was assigned for the single phase transformers. Does a transformer's impedence change based on how it is connected?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...