Monday 19 December 2016

batteries - Solar panel lipo and usb



I connect a 5v 5w solar panel a usb port and a 3.7v 2.5A lipo with pcb. If I connect a phone to usb port it doesn't charge, but if I remove the battery from the circuit, it does. I suppose it's because battery pcb downgrade the voltage to 4.2v or there is not enough energy to serve both. There is a simple way to prioritize the usb or make them share? Thanks in advance for your help


PS Sorry to eventual mistakes but I'm still learning electronics. I did not blow anything yet, thanks also to t


______________________________________


Summary of requirement:


Given:



  • 5V 5 Watt PV panel

  • Cellphone with "USB" "5V" charger input.

  • Single cell LiPo 3.7V nominal 2500 mAh.



Requirement:



  • Use PV to charge phone if connected.

  • Otherwise charge battery.

  • If possible share PV energy between phone and battery if both present.


Problem:


Connecting the panel to the LiPo loads it to battery voltage which is too low a V to operate the phone charging circuit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...