Saturday 17 December 2016

microcontroller - I/O Module with optocouplers


I'm designing an I/O module by using optocouplers for the inputs and outputs which I want to control by a microcontroller.


Here are my questions:



  1. In the datasheet of optocoupler's output current (per channel) is 50mA, and for the output port(figure 1) Relay nominal operating current is 16.7 mA. By knowing these can I calculate how much current will I need for the system. Which parameters do I know?


There are 12 relays, 20 optocouplers (5 module) in total. 3 Opto module for output, 2 for input ports


enter image description here




  1. By directly connecting the GPIO pin and output of the optocoupler to the switches (as input), Can I control the inputs shown in the figures. For the input ports, I don't know how to make the connections. What should I connect to the collector pin?


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...