Saturday 24 December 2016

arduino - Maximum operating temperature of power supply


I am using a 12V (1A) SMPS power supply to power up a device that draws about 70mA when idle and up to 200mA when active (every 3 seconds).


The power supply is getting pretty hot (about 70°C) after 1 hour of operation. I own several of these power supplies and all if them seem to have the same issue. How can this be avoided? Is 70°C a safe temperature for the operation of the components on the power supply like the transformer, etc.?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...