Sunday 25 December 2016

linux - Drawing Out Circuits from SPICE Description


I've become familiar with ngspice on Linux (Fedora 15). I even got syntax highlighting going for .sp files in gedit. However, when I describe the circuit in a SPICE deck I have no way of telling whether I'm even describing the correct circuit. Even if I get some kind of output or result, I may have connected a circuit element to the wrong node, which would give completely different results.


My question is if there is some kind of tool that takes a SPICE decks and draws the circuit described in them?



Answer




There where some algorithms to automatically draw schematics from netlists. This was a (not very big) research topic around the 80.


That said I do not believe there are practical systems available using the result of that research.


I wonder if dot from GraphViz could be used for such quick verification tasks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...