Wednesday 28 September 2016

power supply - Distance and voltage/watt loss?



I have read multiple posts on here regarding voltage/watt loss but I wanted to see how it would apply in this situation that I can not seem to solve using available resources. Maybe I just do not understand too well.


If I have a surge protector 10ft that has 15a 125v 1875w that is plugged into another surge protector that’s specifications are 15A 6ft and that’s all I could find. Lastly this second surge protector has an extension cord 13a, 10ft 125v and 1625watts. That the end is the units power cord about 8ft that needs 110 watts at max power consumption .


Note: that the I am not going over the rated amount of watts this circuit can handle.


Using the specifications above if I have an appliance at the end of the surge protector + surge protector + extension cord + units power cable that max power consumption is 110 watts do I risk under powering it? Does the voltage/ watt loss for that much cable length affect the amount of power this tv will receive that it will not be able to have the required power it needs?


Thank you for helping me understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...