Sunday 11 September 2016

audio - Alternative to LM386? To drive 8 ohm speaker with 9V circuit


I am getting pretty tired of debugging the LM386 integration into my project! I'm building a drum machine, based around schmnitt trigger oscilators and a white noise generator. I'd post the complete schematic, but its getting complicated, and everything works accept this part - the audio output.


When I tap the output of my device and plug it into a battery-powered guitar amp I have on my desk, everything is great, I'm done. BUT I want my project to also have a built in speaker. I've used LM386 for tons of synthesizer stuff like this before, but this one just ain't happening. I'm getting wild oscillations, sometimes no sound at all, sometimes only part of the sound (like the "kick" but not the "snare"). I've tried decoupling capacitors in series, on the power-pins, and zobel network.


TL;DR - Can anyone recommend an easy replacement for the LM386. A 9V powered IC that can drive a speaker. THANKS!


enter image description here



Answer



You might try the TDA7050 (5V) or TDA7052 (18V max). Both are bridge amplifiers, so they don't require a large speaker coupling capacitor. And they don't require a load cell / boucherot network either (R+C parallel to the speaker).



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...