Friday 23 September 2016

How would you detect vampire/standby power?


Is it possible to detect when a device is consuming power in a stand-by or nominally off state? For example if I leave my charger plugged in, detect that a small amount of current is being drawn and stop the flow. What about turning it back on? For example, plugging in my phone it could detect the demand and turn the flow back on.


How could you create a device which could turn an outlet on or off depending on the load?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...