Monday 12 September 2016

Wiring a GY-521 to an Arduino Uno R3?


I am searching for a non-technical picture or diagram or explicit textual instructions explaining how to wire a GY-521 Accelerometer/Gyro to an Arduino Uno R3.


I am a software developer and need something that doesn't assume that I know how to do it already. Searching Google has only found diagrams that I can't read or textual instructions where the terms don't match up to the names on the pins on the Uno R3.


Arduino +5V to VCC on GY-521 and to Hv on the Logic Level Converter
Arduino +3.3V to Lv on the Logic Level Converter

Arduino GND to GND on Gy-521 and both GNDs on the Logic Level Converter
Arduino analog input pin A4 to ch1 Tx on Hv side and ch1 Tx on the Lv side to SDA on GY-521
Arduino analog input pin A5 to ch2 Tx on Hv side and ch2 Tx on the Lv side to SCL on GY-521

I don't know what they are talking about ch1 Tx and Logic Level Converter.


The version of the board I have is +5V compatible using the +5V from the Uno as it has a voltage regulator on it already.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...