Monday 5 September 2016

integrated circuit - Analog function generator ICs?



Does anyone know of any old-school function generator ICs (similar to the ICL8038 or XR2206) that are still on the market? (i.e. not obsolete / NFFD - I'm not interested in scouring the globe for old inventory)


I'm aware of digitally-programmable parts that use I2C / SPI, but am looking for something that won't involve adding a micro to a legacy design.


I'm looking primarily for an IC that will output a triangular waveform at low frequency (640Hz). The XR2206 was the original part in the application which is now obsolete. The frequency can be adjusted a small amount from an external input (+/- 50Hz or so).


Exar has obsoleted most (all?) of their function generator parts:


enter image description here



update:
The product has passed into obsolescence and the assigned engineer is no longer with the company. The question is now moot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...