Wednesday 4 May 2016

operational amplifier - Op-Amp Datasheet: Open Loop Gain vs Phase


I am attempting to decipher the datasheet for TI's LM6171 op-amp.


Here is the open loop frequency response from the datasheet:


Open loop frequency response for LM6171


How can I tell which curve is the gain and which curve is the phase? They're not labeled. I would guess that the top curve at 10 kHz is the gain and the bottom is the phase, but I don't know how to confirm this.



Answer



For the main part of the open loop response a typical op-amp acts like an integrator and therefore shifts the phase angle by about 90 degrees. The curve that looks most like 90 degrees is the phase response. Here's the response for an OPA192: -


enter image description here


Taken from this blog. And below is a generic op-amp's bode plot: -


enter image description here



Taken from here and below an op77: -


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...