Sunday 29 May 2016

infrared - How to demodulate an IR signal


For an Arduino project that I'm building, I'd like to read codes from an IR remote, operating at 455 kHz. There is a combined IR eye and demodulator TSOP7000 that I think would fit the bill perfectly, but unfortunately it is discontinued and appears to be difficult acquiring today.


Hence, I figured it might be possible to buy the modulator separately from the IR eye, so basically my circuit would be [IR eye] - [IR modulator] - Arduino digital In. Alternatively build one, but the only I have seen is this that does not really seem to work that well, judging from the authors closing remarks.



Any ideas where I could buy one, or build my own in order to get the same result as with the discontinued TSOP7000?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...