Thursday 12 May 2016

operational amplifier - Understading negative feedback



There is a question here about something similar, but it's asking about the internals of an op-amp. I'm having trouble understanding the function and use despite several hours of YouTube tutorials.


schematic



simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


I'm having an awful time figuring out how this works...and EXACTLY what it does.


From what I understand:


1) Op-Amps compare the voltage between the non-inverting input and the inverting input, then multiply the difference by an almost infinite number and that product becomes the output. (I.E. Gain)
2) The inputs neither draw nor output any current.


This configuration should make it so that the inputs are always at the same voltage.


I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this configuration, and I certainly don't understand how negative feedback works to produce that effect on the inputs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...