Sunday 15 May 2016

transistors - Normally ON Switch using N-CH MOSFET and pull-up resistor


I am learning about electronics and am having a hard time finding a normally closed (i.e. on) switch using transistors and FETs. Am I violating any rules with the circuit below which is using an enhancement mode N-channel MOSFET with an NPN driver transistor? Can I simply pull up the FET's gate high with R1 to keep the switch on (by default)?


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...