Saturday 2 April 2016

sensor - How to find Emitter and Collector of an LDR


How can we find the emitter and collector of an LDR. I am using it in the following circuit but I don't know how to identify which terminal of the LDR is emitter or collector.


http://i.stack.imgur.com/zo1id.jpg



Here it is mentioned as Photo-transistor but it is basically 2 leg transistor which is hard to find in the market so I decided to use LDR.



Answer



You don't. Light dependent resistor is a resistor which means that it doesn't have a collector and emitter. It instead has two terminals that are used just like on regular resistor.


You can actually see that from the schematic symbol:


LDR symbol from Wikipedia


Both leads are the same and it doesn't matter in which direction current goes through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...