Friday 15 April 2016

pcb - When is it appropriate to mount components at a 45 degree angle?


I've seen some PCB's with components mounted at multiples of 45 degrees (45, 135, etc.) I recently discovered my PCB program (gEDA PCB) supports these, though it isn't a GUI function and you have to run a command. When is it appropriate to mount at these angles? And what about angles of 30 degrees and 60 degrees, or arbitrary angles?



Answer



Another reason would be for indicator or display components. It's not terribly uncommon to see chip LEDs at varying angle to fit the aesthetics of a particular device.


Whatever the reasoning, most SMT machines can places parts at angles without issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...