Wednesday 20 April 2016

fpga - Clock domain crossing timing constraints for Altera


I have a slight problem with my clock domain crossing timing constraints.


I have two clock groups


set_clock_groups -asynchronous -group {clk_A} -group {clk_B}

As I understand it this will cause all signals from clk_A to clk_B to be treated as false paths.



However I would like to constrain a few of these paths as


set_max_delay -to [get_registers {*|*|some_reg}] 8

But if I understood the Altera documentation correctly. The implicit false paths created from the asynchronous clock groups will cause the later constrain to be ignored.


For now it beats my why a more specific constrain has less priority then the more general one.


Has anyone solved this in a practical fashion, or do I need to stop using clock groups and constrain all relevant paths manually?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...