Sunday 15 September 2019

Why can't masters talk to each other in a I2C bus?


I came across an I2C article which lead me to a question. Specifically this part is creating some confusion:


"Also, unlike SPI, I2C can support a multi-master system, allowing more than one master to communicate with all devices on the bus (although the master devices can’t talk to each other over the bus and must take turns using the bus lines)" Sparkfun


Why can't masters talk to each other in a I2C bus if you supposedly have an unique address bit for each of the devices connected to it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...