Monday 2 September 2019

lithium ion - Why charging Li-Ion batteries in cold temperatures would harm them?


Accordingly to what I've found in several sources (user's manual of electronic devices, various forums, e.t.c.) I shouldn't charge my Li-Ion batteries in cold temperatures because this would harm them. However it's completely unclear which kind of harm they will receive and why exactly would they receive any harm at all.


Is that really true? If it is, then can somebody explain me the nature of electronic and / or chemical processes leading to damage when charging lithium-ion batteries in cold temperatures?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...