Thursday 12 September 2019

simulation - Simulating IBIS Model in modelSim


I am developing a logic in an FPGA that will act as a controller for a chip by TI. I got the TI chip IBIS model from the TI website.


My controller is ready and I want to simulate it using ModelSim. But I must have the simulation for both the controller and the TI chip together. For this purpose I am trying to use IBIS model of the chip plus my design of the controller in Verilog and simulate in ModelSim. How do I use IBIS model in ModelSim? Does ModelSim support IBIS? If not then which tool should be used and how do I proceed for this simulation?


Thanks in advance for your precious time.



Answer



I don't think you can use Ibis in Modelsim... For Ibis, you need a signal integrity simulator such as Hyperlynx. But its purpose is to ensure the integrity of high speed signals, including the effects of PCB traces on waveforms.


If you are modelling the digital interactions between your FPGA and the TI chip, you need a "bus functional model" for that chip in your HDL of choice. Contact your TI FAE for this.


If TI can't supply one, you will have to write your own, using the datasheet timing diagrams to model the bus transactions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...