Thursday 19 September 2019

microprocessor - Map processor to circuit diagram


I am a software developer (using high level languages like .NET,C,C++ etc) trying to understand how computers work at a lower level.


I am familar with this diagram:



I am trying to gain a high level insight into how the diagram in the link maps to a circuit diagram like this:


For example, have a look at the assembly language statement:


ADD 1,2


I am trying to understand how the processor produces '3' as the output. I realise that this question may be difficult to answer in simple terms. If it is, then a link would help, perhaps to a book.



Answer



I found my answer here. It is a high level overview of the process of adding numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...