Saturday 14 September 2019

Usage of a transistor configured as diode


I faced lots of circuits that has transistors connected as diodes (gate connected to the drain). I know some of these circuits employ such transistor for safety reason but I couldn't figure out the reasons of others.


My question: Is there any reason behind connecting the transistors as diodes other than the one I mentioned? Some of my colleagues suggest that they may be used to realize high resistance but I think connecting the transistor in such configuration (\$V_{g} = V_{d}\$) will force the transistor to work in saturation region, not in linear region. Am I right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...