Saturday 21 September 2019

failure - Failed multimeter


I have a cheap handheld multimeter that has stopped working. It basically behaves as if the leads weren't connected: the Vdc readout stays at zero, and the resistance readout stays at "1."


enter image description here


I've checked the battery and have tested the leads with a bench meter. Now, before I chuck the meter in the bin (it's long overdue an upgrade anyway), is there anything else relatively obvious that may be worth checking?



Answer



A few more things to check:



  • Broken wires in your test leads


  • Broken test lead terminals (where you plug the leads in), they may have bent and broken

  • Fuse (as Robert suggests)

  • "Fuse": some thin traces on the board that may have acted like a fuse for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...