Tuesday 3 September 2019

dimmer - RE: RCR design in TRIAC circuit for inductive loads


I was working on a TRIAC based dimming circuit. Initially I plaaned to use a PCB mountable SSR (G3MB-202P), though this was a cheap but the device didnt allow me to do dimming with the same. I can only turn ON or Turn OFF the load. and the other SSR cost $$$(lots of them). So i decided to take a fairly cheap path of using an OPTO-DIAC and a TRIAC.


please find my design below.


I have actually copied the RCR circuit from an online blog. Can someone please help me with the design of this. I know that this circuit is a phase compensation circuit for the current and voltage(lags) due to the inductive load.


enter image description here


Thanks and regards. Siddharth




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...