Monday 9 September 2019

What is the minimum required voltage for charging a 3.7 V Li-ion battery?


I have a cell phone battery that has the following written on one side:



  • 3.7 V 1000mAh

  • Limited charge voltage: 4.2 volts



I understand that the first line means, that the battery will always give 3.7V (at least in theory) at its output terminal. Also the battery will last for 1 hour if the mobile circuitry draw 1000mA.


The second line means that under no circumstances I should increase the input charging voltage beyond 4.2V, else it might damage the battery.


Is my understanding correct? If I am correct I would like to know for this battery what is the minimum required voltage for charging?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...