Wednesday 4 September 2019

Voltage drop problem with my solid state relay


My solid state relay seems to be dropping the potential by 35 volts. I read about 80 volts from one end of a modified plug and the other end is plugged into a 120 volt wall socket. I have the hot wire cut and the ends connected to the leads of the relay. The neutral wire is not cut anywhere. I knew there would be a small internal resistance but not by this much. Is there something I am missing? I would simply like to control a 120 volt lamp with my arduino.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...